Fourth of July is the day we celebrate America’s independence by watching fireworks and eating barbeque, but the real star of this patriotic show is the drinks!
The drinks at any 4th of July party are just important as the food and they can easily turn any party into a “red, white and boozed” bash.
Choosing which 4th of July cocktails to make is easy: pick anything that is red, white or blue and boom! You now have the niftiest 4th of July drink on the block.
These three drink recipes will all add the perfect, refreshing flare to your 4th of July. Now, let’s celebrate!
July Fourth Layered Bomb Shots
This drink may look a little tricky to make, but don’t let it fool you! The secret to layering drinks is having the highest sugar content at the bottom of the drink and then slowly working your way up.
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 1/3 ounce Sprite
- 1/3 ounce lemon vodka
- 2/3 ounce blue curacao
- 2/3 ounce grenadine
- Fill glass with ice.
- Mix Sprite and vodka in shaker and then strain into glass slowly.
- Tilt the glass to an angle and very slowly pour in the blue curacao.
- Lastly, add in the grenadine while tilting the glass at an angle again. The grenadine is so thick it will move its way to the bottom of the glass.
This recipe was found on www.thekitchenwhisperer.net
The All-American Jar
This All-American Jar drink is jammed packed with delicious goodness. Pour it into a mason jar and top it off with Blue Curacao, whipped cream and a cherry to make this the most craved drink at the party.
Ingredients (2-4 servings):
- 25 ounce Wild Shot Silver Mezcal
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- .25 ounce Triple Sec
- .25 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 cup pina colada mix
- 1 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
- 25 cups crushed ice
- Add ice, Wild Shot Silver, coconut rum, Triple Sec, pineapple juice and pina colada mix into blender. Blend until thick.
- Pour half of the mixture that is in the blender into a separate glass, and then add strawberry daiquiri mix to blender.
- Blend until mixed and pour blended strawberry mix into jar and then add the separate glass of blended drink into jar.
- Garnish with Blue Curacao, whipped cream and cherry.
This recipe was found on www.chilledmagazine.com
Red, White and Blue Sangria
It can be scorching hot during the summers in Florida and what better way to cool down than with a sip of cool, crisp and refreshing sangria?
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 2 bottles of white wine
- 1/2 cups berry flavored vodka
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ½ cups sliced star fruit or pineapple
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl or pitcher and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold with a scoop of fruit in each glass.
This recipe was found on www.comfytownchronicles.com
By Alyssa Brady, Staff Writer