Who doesn’t love beer, bacon and cheese? With this bacon bomb recipe and Florida Beer Company’s Hurricane Reef beer cheese dipping sauce you get a mouthwatering bite of a bacon stuffed roll dipped in velvety, delicious beer cheese every time.
Not only is this bacon bomb recipe exploding with flavor, but it is extremely simple to make and you can probably find all of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
12 frozen rolls (dough)
12 oz. bacon, cooked and chopped (I prepared mine in the oven and left it a little underdone)
½ c. onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
½ c. milk
¼ c. Florida Beer Company’s Hurricane Reef beer
1 c. cheddar cheese
½ tsp. horseradish
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
Instructions for Bacon Bombs:
- Let rolls thaw on a greased, flat surface, but don’t let them rise.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté the cooked bacon and raw chopped onion until the onion becomes translucent.
- When the rolls have thawed cut them in half and spread them into 3 inch circles. Fill each circle with approx. 1 Tbsp. of the bacon and onion mixture.
- Seal ends by folding them over and place seam-down onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until rolls are light golden brown.
Instructions for Florida Beer Company’s Hurricane Reef Beer Cheese Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan melt a scoop of butter over low heat.
- Stir in garlic powder, onion power, cayenne pepper, flour, salt and a little bit of ground pepper.
- Stir in milk and beer all at once.
- Stir the mixture over a medium heat until thickened and bubbling. Continue stirring for two more minutes after bubbling.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheddar cheese and horseradish.
- Dip bacon bombs into beer cheese sauce and enjoy!
This bacon bomb recipe was found at www.lemontreedwelling.com