What better way to cool down this sizzling summer than with a sweet, creamy and refreshing drink? On a hot summer day, we’re all craving something to satisfy our taste buds and cool us down. This margarita recipe is everything that your summer needs.
When the summer heat hits, take one sip of this coconut creamsicle margarita and the cool, creaminess of this drink will wash away all of your worries.
Flavors that seem to be taking over this summer are citrus and coconut. Together, they make the ultimate power couple.
Add some tequila in the mix and you’ve got yourself the perfect margarita recipe. Grab your coconut creamsicle margarita and relax poolside on a sunny summer day.
To make this margarita recipe unique, use some toasted coconut shreds on the rim instead of salt, which is the traditional margarita garnish.
Just toast the coconut shreds on low heat on a dry pan until they lightly brown and voila- you now have the perfect summertime margarita garnish!
Coconut Creamsicle Margarita Recipe:
- 2 ounces of tequila (any kind)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce coconut water
- 1 ounce coconut cream or milk
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 TSP honey
- Shredded coconut (for garnish)
- Fresh orange and lime (sliced for garnish)
- Add tequila, triple sec, orange juice, coconut water, coconut cream, honey and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake it like a Polaroid picture (hey ya!)
- Rub cut lime around the rim of the cocktail glass and then dip the rim in the toasted coconut. Add fresh ice to the glass.
- Strain cocktail into the glass and garnish with fresh orange and lime slices. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe above only serves one, but the ingredients can be easily multiplied to make a pitcher for all your friends. If the mixture sits for a little, just mix it up before serving and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer drink!
By Alyssa Brady, Staff Writer