With community input into the name selected, the new Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral officially opens to the public on November 4 immediately following a special invitation-only Media/VIP event for community leaders as part of the Canaveral Port Authority’s celebration of the 60th anniversary of the harbor’s dedication. The $23 million, seven-story facility features an observation deck, exhibits, event space for lease, auditorium, gift shop and café. The iconic 22,000 square foot structure is expected to be a magnet for visitors to Brevard County, Florida and convey the rich maritime history of Port Canaveral, as well as reflect the stories of the region, including military battles, space, and beach culture.
- Iconic $23 million structure with 7-stories and 23,000 square feet
- Indoor and outdoor observation decks with panoramic views
- Hours of Operation: Opens at 9 a.m. with closing varying between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Gift shop and cafe
- 80-seat auditorium with short film featuring port and area history
- Virtual ship’s bridge allows visitors to pilot boat through the Canaveral Channel
- Displays/exhibits on natural history, eco-tourism, sports, space & maritime history
- Admission fees: $6.50 for adults; $3.50 for children; discounts for Brevard residents, seniors, and military personnel with proper ID
- Event space. For leasing rates, contact Tara Ruch at 321-783-7831
Celebration & Parade Saturday, November 9th
On Saturday, November 9th Port Canaveral will celebrate its’ 60th Anniversary and Grand Opening of exploration Tower with a family friendly celebration and parade. There will be vendors, games and bounce houses for the kids, live music and more. The event begins at 11am with the parade beginning at 3pm.
- Outside activities are free
- $3 reduced admission for Tower visitors with a non-perishable food item to Central Brevard Sharing Center (monetary proceeds to benefit transportation fund of Port curriculum-based EMBARK program for Brevard County 3rd graders)
- Music by Simone & The Supercats
- Kids Zone including face painting, bounce houses and laser games
- Ballroom Dance Exhibition & group lessons by Melbourne Ballroom
- 60’s Costume contest (come dressed & compete for prizes)
- Classic car Show
- Celebration Parade
- Cove Marketplace vendors