With a flavorful combination of sweet pineapple, pan seared garlic shrimp and savory fried rice, this stuffed pineapple recipe is everything your taste buds need this summer.
Recently, more and more people are making stuffed pineapple dishes that are not only healthy, but incredibly tasty.
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you because this pineapple shrimp fried rice will be your family’s new favorite dish.
The sweet, salty and spicy flavors of this dish perfectly accompany each other and come together to create an unforgettable meal.
Pair this stuffed pineapple with a craft beer and you’ve got yourself the perfect summertime dish.
Ingredients (serves four):
· 1 ½ cups of uncooked brown rice
· 1 TSP oil
· 1.25 lb. of shrimp (shelled and deveined)
· 1 ½ cups of fresh pineapple (cut into small pieces)
· 5 chopped large scallions
· 3 cloves of minced garlic
· 1 fresh chili pepper or jalapeno
· 2 TSP of soy sauce, to taste
· 1 TBSP of fish sauce
· Cilantro for garnish
1. Cook brown rice according to directions on package. Set aside and let cool.
2. Cut pineapple in half and hollow out both sides to make two bowls.
3. Slice a piece off of the bottom of the pineapple halves to create a flat base. Cut the inside of the pineapple into small chunks and set aside.
4. Heat a nonstick frying pan on high heat and add when pan is hot. Add shrimp and let cook for a few minutes. Set shrimp aside.
5. Throw the scallions, chili and garlic into the pan and let it sauté for a minute. Add rice, pineapple, soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir all the ingredients together and let it cook for another 30 seconds.
6. Fill the hollowed pineapple halves with shrimp and fried rice. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Pictures and recipe is from www.skinnytaste.com.
By Alyssa Brady, Staff Writer